5.26.2008

polka dots

nursery

It's been a wet & rainy weekend here. After last weekend's instant summer heat of 90+ degrees I have to say that the wet is a welcome, welcome change up. I feel like I was transported., for just a few days, to the coast. Falling asleep to the sounds of the rain and walking up to the hills being green (and a little white in some spots from the snow fall). I have been walking the dogs around the block in the morning and enjoying the sprits of rain on my face as I wait for them to do their business.

Last night A. made the best ribs "ever" and we headed to my mom's to potluck it with family and pull together everything for the invites to the baby shower in June. It will be more of a party than a shower which is what A. and I wanted. My god mother brought up a moses basket full of clothes from another friend in T-town. Going through all those little clothes got me a little choked up- wow, I am going to be a mom.

Today was super lazy since we didn't have any classes or plans, a good part of the morning was spent horizontal. Once I felt like I had some energy I headed upstairs and started to move things around in the nursery. It has been full of random gift wrap and gift bags, a book shelf full of yoga and knitting books/magazines. After everything had found a new home we put together the crib- I really like the way it all is coming out so far and can't believe how soon we will have a little someone to fill up the room.

I hope your weekend has been filled with a little bit of lazy, a little bit of non-lazy and a whole lot of happy.

5 comments:

  1. cute, cute, cute! The deep clear blue is perfect ~ is it a hint?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Cathy- Nope no hints since we haven't even found out the sex yet. just happens to be the open room in the house :)

    Thanks Stacie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm loving the decor...very very cute. it sounds like all is going well with you...potlucks, fun weather, family, organizing and decorating...can't really beat that! xxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful colours... happy colours, for the little one who will more than likely be a happy and joyous soul that you bring into this world...

    ReplyDelete

say hi...