University of Nevada, Reno, NV | B.S. Geography | 2000
Computer & Software Knowledge
Adobe Photoshop Elements, Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop CS
Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint, Access
Owner/Photographer | Focus In Photography | February 2013 to present
Wedding and Engagement photography
Special Event photography
- Nevada Women’s Fund | 2012 Scholarship Banquet & 2013 Power of the Purse
- Mountain Area Preservation | 2013 Sierra Forage Dinner
- The Creative Coalition of Midtown | 2013 Sounds Music Walk
- Freelance event photography | Reno Gazette Journal
Head-shots and Stock photography
Family, Maternity, Newborn, and Senior portraits
Senior Geographic Information System (GIS) Analyst | Farr West Engineering | 12-2011 to 2-2013
- Build entire water, sewer, and storm drain utility systems for several disparate sources to complete a utility GIS.
- Publish GIS information to the MapOptix web interface for government internal use.
- Creates hard copy map books and large format maps for client staff members to utilize and reference water, sewer and storm drain systems.
- Trouble shoots software and technical issues within the GIS software.
Geographic Information System Technician/Analyst | Douglas County | 8-2011 to 11-2011
- Support basic GIS needs for the following jurisdictions: Douglas County, Carson City, Lyon County and Storey County. Services included map creation, data organization data creation, data editing, and QA/QC to insure integrity of incoming and existing GIS data.
- Assist in managing Douglas County's GIS software and versioned ArcSDE on a SQL server database.
- Assist Douglas County and Carson City in setting up a versioned and replicated ArcSDE so that users from both jurisdictions are able to seamlessly edit and utilize identical data.
Geographic Information System Technician/ Analyst | Washoe County School District | 6-2002 to 8-2011
- Manage the Washoe County School District's GIS software and versioned ArcSDE database on a SQL server database.
- Technical supervisor to 1-4 GIS Technicians/Users and support district end users with trouble shooting and training.
- Create and maintain GIS in an ongoing effort to save the District time and money, as well as increase operational efficiency.
- Support WCSD staff with spatial analysis, maps and data models to aid in the completion of projects such as, but not limited to: attendance boundary redistricting, student demographic studies, teacher allocations, enrollment projections and student maturation studies, emergency management situations, School Police's Safe Routes to School program, and Board of Trustee redistricting project.
- Prepare and present maps and data at various meetings.
- Maintain the "Zoning" and "Redistricting" portions of the District's web site.
- Answer any incoming calls, emails or walk in questions about school zoning.
- Interact with public and private agencies throughout Washoe County in order to obtain, share, and create an efficient regional set of GIS data.
- Work with software vendors for technical support, troubleshooting, licensing and upgrades
Assistant Planner, Natural Resources Division | Placer County | 10-2001 to 6-2002
- Geographic Information System analysis and cartography for various projects dealing with Placer County's, Placer Legacy Program
- Grant research
- Coordinate and prepare information for various committee meetings regarding the Placer Legacy Program
Volunteer in Service to America | AmeriCorps/Nevada Conservation Corps | 10-2000 to 3- 2001
- Coordinated and oversaw seven environmental restoration/research projects.
- Office work, grant writing and data base management.
- Coordinate programs that stimulate local volunteerism of all ages to help with environmental restoration projects.
- Educate the public about the natural history and ecology of Truckee Meadows and Lake Tahoe region.