3.05.2009

green gaurd

keeping watch over the kitchen.

Kitchen Gaurd

Somewhere along the way I came across these little army men. It started in college, placing them here and there. I would put them in my plants and in other unexpected spots around the house sort of as a joke with my roommates. I like to think they are keeping watch over me and the random spots that they are placed. The bottles are old finds from my childhood. I have carted those things around with me for years.

I have been meaning to get outside and find some green in my world. I actually spotted a fantastic old motor home that would be perfect for a Polaroid or TtV shot but it is in a shady part of town near some of the weeklies along 4th St. I have snapped the shot mentally, and maybe this weekend I can talk someone into taking a walk down there so I can capture it. There are also some great signs in town that would fit the bill, again getting out when there is still light is a trick these days. All in all I am having a great time spotting all the green around the house.

So glad tomorrow is Friday. It has been a long week and today was one of those days where anything I touched sorta went south. I am looking forward to having brunch with the girls this weekend and possibly a lunch date with my bff to a new eatery on CalAve. (Freeman's Natural Hotdogs- the site is www.fnhotdog.com)

Be well friends!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous5.3.09

    i love this! thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i want those little green men guarding things all over my house!
    so much fun. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6.3.09

    Neat story about the army men. I love those bottles, I have a bunch of them scattered around the house on window sills.
    I wish you a relaxing weekend with friends and family.
    Julia

    ReplyDelete

say hi...