Yesterday marked 11 months! Here is a quick rundown of MrO activities and achievements for the month followed by 11 months of 'the chair', I am so glad I started doing this little ritual!
1. Two days after your 10 month mark you figured out how to clap.
2. You have started spending two days a week with JoJo-mama and giggle with glee when you hear her voice on the telephone.
3. You are learning how to drink out of a sippy cup. It is amazing how frustrated you get when you can't figure something out, the cup often goes flying across the room. You also love to drink what ever one of us is drinking from a 'real' glass.
4. We took you to your first concert, a reggae show. you are so much cooler than your mama who's first concert was to see NKTOB.
5. You are chattering all the time and are saying, "daaag" for dog and cat, "dada" for dad, "mama" for mom, "nanana" for milk especially when you are tired and want to nurse.
6. You are pulling up on everything and crawling everywhere- loving to ramble over pillows, dad's legs or whatever else is in your way and getting braver by the minute. You are starting to hold on with one hand and sometimes (for just a second or two) with no hands.
7. We can no longer leave you on the bed for naps- that first step's a doozie isn't it?
8. You can climb the stairs to the second floor and are learning how to go down too, backwards and on your tummy.
9. You often greet me standing up in your crib each morning and after naps. Sometimes smiling and sometimes screaming your head off. Have I mentioned you have some major volume to your voice?
10. Had your first taste of a Popsicle (lime) and were all at once thrilled and freaked out by how cold, sweet and sour it was.
11. You really love to get into the shower with me or Daddy-O in the morning. Now that you know what is on the other side of that shower door you want in too!
12. A couple of blankies are now your favorites for night time and naps. One was mine from when I was a baby. It is the sweetest thing to hear you get excited when you see it and I love to see you cuddle up with it and worm your fingers and toes in the granny square holes.
13. You were sent home with your first "naughty" note. Teeth are not for biting our friends. (no matter how good it feels).
14. We took you into the pool for the first time this month- at first you weren't sure and then you relaxed and practically fell asleep in the floaty you liked it so much.
15. It seems that no matter what barrier we put up to stop you from going into the next room or down/up the stairs you figure your way around it, over it, or under it - or you get totally stuck in the process. There have been more then a couple of times where I have found you stuck under the kitchen chairs. You are keeping us on our toes, that's for sure.
Look how much you have changed little man! it is truly amazing. We love you!