5.28.2010

Week 1 : 52 weeks


Week 1 : 52 weeks, originally uploaded by NessieNoodle.
So after not making it past day 101 of my 365 I have felt a little sad. I am glad I gave myself permission to step away and take care of myself (I was REALLY sick during Jan/Feb with morning sickness and a cold, I lost so much weight that my regular pants were falling off, um that isn't supposed to happen when you are preggers!). But part of me really wishes I would have stuck it out and continued on the process.

So when Tiffani invited us all to join her for her second year of a selfie (one each week) I decided to jump, go for it and document this year, maybe I can't keep up with the selfie a day, but once a week I think I can handle. (plus I need some motivation to document Deuce-baby belly, ya know?)

I know this year will be full of changes and excitement. In just three short months I will become a mother of two. That alone is a huge shift in routine, in self, in the size of my heart and the amount of time in the day. There are other things swirling that I want to set down as goals for the year (I am a little late to the resolution party, but sometimes you have to wait for these things to come to you) and I hope this project will help me realize a little more, not just who I am, but also who I am becoming.

"I am not what has happened to me. I am what I choose to become." Carl Jung

So here it is, week 1 of 52. Hi!

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous28.5.10

    Wow, this pregnancy is going by quickly! A summer baby is going to be so much fun! I wish I could take pictures of myself and feel good about it. The wrinkles and the gray makes me feel so old. But, I should do something like this too. Happy Weekend to you Vanessa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Your selfies are always awesome...looking forward to seeing you weekly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. congratulations! i am so excited for you and your family. and, good for you for taking it easy on yourself, too. i second that notion and am sending hugs and whoops that you are back here now.

    happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could be brave enough to take photographs of myself, but I'm going to wait until I "pop" rather than just look ridiculously bloated. :)

    Congratulations on the coming of #2. What an amazing adventure.

    ReplyDelete

say hi...