11.30.2010

Turkeys

I got pictures of these turkeys,
turkeys

this pretty turkey,
yum

and this turkey too.
turkey-cake

But I some how managed to not take a picture of the actual bird. But trust me when I tell you that it was big and juicy (and done much faster than we had expected). We had a really nice thanksgiving. The kids had a blast running around together and the icebox cake that O helped me make was yummy, as always.
making icebox cake

The rest of the weekend was spent hanging out around the house, a little bit of thrifting and fabric shopping. Some time in the sewing room and some time brewing a new batch of beer. It was cold and a bit snowy, so we really just hunkered down and enjoyed one another. And isn't that what it is all about this time of year?
frozen leaf flare


3 comments:

  1. looks perfect! glad you are doing well! warm hugs sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds lovely! Glad it was an enjoyable and relaxing holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous pictures, and I want the recipe for that icebox pie. Yum!

    ReplyDelete

say hi...