7.06.2011

181:365, loafing

181:365, loafing
It was my first day of Administrative Leave last Friday.
It's basically a two week paid vacation until the office can figure out where they will place me or not place me after the 'reduction in force/reorganization" process is settled.
On Thursday I had to hand in my keys, ID and parking permit, oh and walk away from the work that I have done for them for the past 9 years.
It was (is) really, really hard. 

I sort of moped around and didn't get out of my slippers all day.
O and I did make cookies and play a lot of trains though- thank goodness for cookies and kids, right?

6 comments:

  1. Totally sucks, Vanessa, but somehow you captured something beautiful in the process. Hope everything works out best for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Jill thank you so much. I really am going in and out of being upset and okay with it all. I am also reallllly trying to find the positive stuff right now, like this ray of sunshine on my comfy slippers :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. pout. this sounds really frustrating ... not knowing what is going to happen.

    but i hope you enjoy the extra time with the kiddos :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about this. Have been following your blog for a few years now. Funny how there is always something to deal with, life just keeps carrying on though. :) Keep the writings up and I wish you the best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been away Vanessa. I'm so sorry. What a hard thing to swallow. I wish you the best and hope that something really amazing presents itself to you in the near future. You're in my thoughts. xoKyndale

    ReplyDelete
  6. @keli [at] kidnapped by suburbia It has been nice to spend more time with the kids, that is for sure!

    @Freckled. Girl. Talk.Thanks so much for your thoughts, and for sticking around as a reader for so long!
    @kyndale_peaseThank you so very much Kyndale. We are doing okay and really trying to keep our options open and eyes peeled for opprotunities. It's funny how having something like this happen really wakes you up to all the possibilities of life!

    ReplyDelete

say hi...