7.21.2011

To the Library

library

Being home from work for the past couple of weeks has meant getting to be home with O on Tuesdays and Thursdays. These are the days he would normally spend with my mom while I was working. I realized that we need to get out of the house at least once a day, so I try to have some activities/outings planned for us. It could be just going to the post office, the grocery store or one of the many playgrounds in our neighborhood. But I think a change of scenery for both of us does some good- and if I time it right, he usually falls asleep for his afternoon nap on the way home- score! 

One of the things he and my mom do is go to the library. He had some books to return and wanted to check out a few more, plus I thought they might have some new music that we could borrow to mix things up around the house. (Have I mentioned O is a huge fan of rasta music as well as The Beatles?) So on Tuesday we headed downtown. O had quarters in his pocket and was ready to feed the parking meter, he also had his library card in there too. We found a few books, a They Might Be Giants CD as well as the Remarkable Farkle McBride CD (John Lithgow is so silly and this is one of our favorite books).

The downtown library has all sorts of levels and twisty stairs and plants hanging from every where- oh and nice natural light. It reminded me what a wonderful asset the public library serves in our community. I need to go there more often!

199:365, at the library

No comments:

Post a Comment

say hi...