6.20.2013

Presto-Pesto


from the garden 

Summer times means basil, and lots of it! Basil is one of my most favorite smells in the entire world, add some garlic and parmesan cheese and I might just be in heaven.  I have been asked by a few friends to share my recipe for making fresh pesto at home, so I thought I would share it here today with all of you.
  • 1 Large bunch of basil (I like mine from the garden or from TJ's)
  • 1-3 cloves garlic (depending on how you like it)
  • 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
  • 1/2-1cup olive oil
untitled-171108

Rinse and pat dry the leaves of the basil
Smash and peel the cloves of garlic
Shred cheese
Toss three ingredients into the food processor
place the lid and whirl, slowly pouring a steady stream of olive oil in to the mix as you go. Scrape down sides of processor bowl and whirl again. You can add more olive oil if you want the mixture not be as thick.
pesto

Use immediately with pasta, spread it on pizza or use on sandwiches. you can also freeze and add it to soups or pasta later. I like to use ice cube trays to divvy out mine, but a glass jar or Tupperware works great as well. Enjoy!
100:365, pesto pizza

No comments:

Post a Comment

say hi...