9.05.2013

5 on 5 | August

August was full of new adventures.
I second shot my first wedding and O started kindergarten (took the bus by himself) and Fifi and I started our new routine during the day with just the two of us. She dubbed her imaginary 'homeschool' as "The Rainbow School". We have been stuck in yucky smoke and keeping our fingers crossed for blue skies. Summer is coming to an end, that also means that we are heading into not only autumn, but the season of birthdays. I am not sure I am ready to let go of the summer, but it will slip through my fingers no matter what.
It was hard to choose five favorites for the month of August- filled up my memory cards more then once with images - but here you go with some that struck a cord with my heart today as I browsed through the past 4 weeks.

1.4.3
O's first day of Kindergarten. I know I already shared this one, but it is certainly a keeper in my mind and in my heart. He is such a sweet, smart and amazing kid.

20130813-20130813-_MG_1061
Gardening at JoJo's house. A favorite pass time for both of them. Dirt + Water = good times.

20130831-20130831-_MG_2318
Second shooting with the lovely and talented Jessi LeMay. I have a few other wedding images that I am itching to share, but am waiting patiently until I get the go ahead to do so.

20130801-20130801-_MG_0888
Shelving and decoration at D Street Design. Amazing custom jewlery, that is all.

20130823-20130823-_MG_1291
Fresh baked bread, yum.

Walk the walk and head on over to Adriana's tour of August.

6 comments:

  1. such a good month. happy first day of school for you big boy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is doing so well and settling in to it all perfectly.

      Delete
  2. Vanessa- The photo of your son going off to school --- so good! I captures all the joy and excitement in that first day. Lovely peek into your month, my dear. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And yes, excitement, awe and a big proud mama heart!

      Delete
  3. Great pics, and can't wait to see the wedding ones. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I I can't wait to share! I might have to do a secret 5 in 5 for you guys... Two more weddings coming up! So excited to see this ball rolling.

      Delete

say hi...