12.02.2007

when the past sneaks up on you

Farm house on Christmas Morning

one thing about flickr is that a lot of people only see the things that you most recently uploaded. But sometimes, someone will be searching and find one of your old photos from way back when you first started uploading. Way before you had a digital camera. This photo was shot in 2004 using my Pentax SLR. We decided to take Christmas into our own hands and head down to the Mendocino Coast. My sisters are there and I hadn't spent Christmas with them since before our dad passed away- I was 8 or so I think.
We stayed in a spot that is our favorite. The Greenwood Pier Inn. It is a gem of a place, not in a Marriott kind of way, but in a bed and breakfast small hippie town kind of way. There are beautiful views out to the Pacific and over sized spa tubs in each room (That may or may not be working) They bring you a scone, coffee and fruit each morning and leave it at the door. There is a garden and a hot tub so close to the edge of the cliff you feel like you could fall in to the ocean.
On Christmas morning we took a hike up the hill (I am pretty sure we were on private property, but the view, oh the view) We hiked up and and up and up and the ocean below became such a sight.
I think this is one of my favorite Christmas memories with hubby so far. So simple, doing what we love to do best together, travel and explore.

There are more photos over here from various visits to Elk if you would like to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

say hi...