6.07.2010

heya!

Heya!
How the heck are you all? I am starting to feel a bit like "Large Marge", but know I have a long way to go in the belly size department. (Don't make the mistake that I did and look back thru your pregnancy book from last time around. I did this and got a little nervouse. I have nothing yet compared to the last few weeks with O! oye, it's gonna be a long summer, hee hee)
28wk collage


Thanks for the support on the recipe tab up there, I have so much fun in the kitchen and wish I could have all of you over for a big potluck to share food, photos, crafting tips, mamahood (daddyhood?) and chat. Isn't that the downside to this blogging thing sometimes, your stuck on yourside of the screen and me on mine? They need to invent a 'beam me up Scotty' machine so we can just town/city/country hop!
~~~
Cousin Collage
We had a great weekend.
SUPER busy and filled with family and friends. We started off the weekend on Friday evening with a bunch of family over for pizza and homemade ice cream (thanks Lo for the ice cream, it was soooo good). We got to meet the "girlies" (Daddy-O's cousin's little girls, if that makes sense) and had the whole cousin chaos over.
N&O Bubbles
Bubbles and side walk chalk were a hit with this crew.

On Saturday morning I got up and I made these for everyone. I tweaked the recipe a bit and will share my adaptations in a couple of days (warning, these are a little dangerous with how crazy easy they are to make). Once we were coffeed and fed my cousin-in-law and I hit up a community garage sale. We found a few fun items while the guys took the kids to the park.
Saturday afternoon the family headed out to thier other family event and I snuck away (finally) into my sewing room while MrO napped. I have been wanting to reverse engineer the miracle blanket that we used for O. I was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't as hard as I thought. I adjusted the length of the sack and made a few other tweaks (O used his for so long we ran out of leg room in ours so I wanted to make that longer) I am hoping to get a tutorial (a first!) together to share with all of you here for this. (I know this is not the best picture, but I needed a baby model to put in it for the full affect and didn't have one handy)
swaddler
While I sewed and O napped, Daddy-O was out in the back yard hanging up the shade sails. He got two of the three up and the yard was perfect for lounging. Once O woke up from his nap we pulled out the little kiddie pool and cooled off. O had a great time running around (without any thing on) and I totally enjoyed putting my feet in the cold water. It was a perfect way to celebrate the first real 'hot' day of the year. Our friends from down the street came over for dinner with thier girls and we got in a good visit.
big splashes


Sunday we made pancakes and said our goodbyes to the cousins. It sure was fun to have them here and to meet their 'girlies' (dang, they are cute kids).
Mama &OJune 6th
We hung out, O played in the pool a bit while I worked on the Pebble (I am about half way done) and then O and I both took a nap.
hose fun
smoosh face
Later in the evening we headed up to a friend's house for another BBQ and visit. The kids bounced around in the little bounce house after dinner while the adults chatted and caught up with each other.  (O enjoyed smooshing his face against the side almost as much as he liked 'jumping')
What a great weekend. I am *almost* glad to be going back to work today for the down time!

5 comments:

  1. looks like you had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a beautiful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, you got some great shots. Love the one of the little man splashing. And you are looking fabulous. Pregnant looks good on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look *AWESOME :)and looks like you are having great time... Super!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my goodness!! it's been a while since i've been here - look at that gorgeous little bump! how far along are you? congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete

say hi...