6.05.2009

zesty pasta

parsley*lemon*garlic

So trolling around Blogville last week I came across this recipe for pasta, lemon and parsley, yum. It sounded pretty good and I figured I would log it in the back of my mind for aa dinner later this summer. Little did I know that when I got home that night we would be wondering what the heck to make for dinner. And this recipe just happened to fit with almost everthing that we had lying around the pantry. So adapted and I went for it.

It was ever so good and I think going to be a regular this summer. It could be served hot from the stove, cooled as a side dish or as Ree (Pioneer Woman) suggest in her version, baked off what reminds me of my turkey tetrazzini.

Lemon Pasta- adapted from Pioneer Woman's recipe

3 tbls butter
2 tlbs olive oil
1-2 lemons (zest and juice)
2 garlic cloves minced
1/4-1/2 cup choppped basil
1/2-1 cup bacon bits or crumbled bacon (crumbled mild suasage would also be good here I think)
1/4 fresh or dried parsley
box of spaghetti or other pasta

Cook pasta
in a saute pan melt butter and heat oil.
add garlic and saute
add in zest of one lemon and juice of that same lemon

great cheese
great additional lemon's zest and juice
chop parsely and basil

Toss all ingredients to gether in a large bowl ans serve with extra lemon juice/zest and parm on the side.

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

say hi...