7.26.2010

abstractions

After a couple of days of exercising your right brain you start to see the world in a little different way. We discussed so many parts that make up abstract art/painting on Monday and Tuesday that by the time Wednesday rolled around I was seeing them everywhere.

small, medium, large shapes

auburn white green


colors, tones, hues,transparency

sniff sniff


open and closed shapes

horse fence

overlapping of shapes

mane attraction


texture, repetition-but not "sameness"

big medium small shapes


I love how when I dip into a different medium from photography I can still apply so many of the principals we discuss back to my work as I look thru the view finder. I might not be painting with my hands, but I do like to try to do so with my eye. I also love how so much of working in the right brain state takes me to my spiritual side- the breath becomes easier (like when you practice asana) and time becomes meaningless (as it does when you meditate).

I found this in my email inbox when I returned home from my get-away. Couldn't sum it up any better than this if you ask me:

If knowledge is power, Vanessa, imagination is kryptonite.

Sk-blam,
The Universe

Oh and did you catch this article? It brought tears to my art teacher's eyes as she talked about it last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

say hi...