9.15.2010

the first week

one week old
Okay, if ever week is going to go by as this first week with the new little miss in the house I am going to need to figure out how to slow down time.  This new little girl is doing wonderful. She is really mellow, squeaks when she is hungry and only really cries if I can't get the milk out fast enough or if I have to changer her clothes. I was a little worried at first that we were going to have nursing problems. She kept spitting me out and not really eating on one side but after our first doctor's visit yesterday my fears were put to rest. She has already gained about 3 oz and grown half an inch! wow. slow down sister.
flower for sis
We are all adjusting a bit here and there. O is doing really well and just loves on her. Checking on her and bringing her little treasures like the flower at the top of her basket in the picture above. We have only had one real melt down and that was because I wouldn't(couldn't) pick him up to go downstairs yesterday morning. He literally climbed up my leg and onto my hip as I walked away from his teary eyed face. It broke my heart, but I really am not ready to pick up all 2ft 10inches and 26lbs of him quite yet. My body needs time to heal. We made up and read "Go Dog, Go" and drank some milk while snuggling on the couch.

I am slowly coming out of the haze, though I get overwhelmed here and there with it all I do feel like this time around is easier some how. Not sure if it is that I feel more confident as a mama or what, but it is nice to not feel like I am in such a 'baby tunnel' like last time.

6 comments:

  1. oh the little yellow flower just warms my heart!

    congratulations happy family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, she is adorable. One day at a time girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh she's so sweet. And I kind of had to chuckle at the idea of the cute little leach clinging on for dear life to your leg. I'm sure he'll adjust in no time. And that flower was so cute. Sounds like your hands are full. But at least they're full of cuteness!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous17.9.10

    Cute pictures! It makes me want another baby!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so sweet about the flower. What a good brother : ) And what a great baby. Congratulations on your first perfect week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just found out I am going to be at a friend's home birth! So excited.
    Hope all is well. Please let me know - Do you still want to do corner view? We are updating the list to people who are participating. Please let me know either way. Thanks so much.
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete

say hi...