8.26.2011

235:365, a new chapter


This summer has been full of change and new and scary things. It has been full of challenges and learning and standing my ground and waiting and hoping and wondering and a whole hell of a lot of worrying.

But on Monday, a new chapter begins. I start my new job for a new organization. I am both completely excited and totally freaked out, I feel like I am starting a new high school or something! I had been with my old job for 9 years, but with a reorganization and reduction in force my position was eliminated and I was placed on administrative (paid) leave until they could decide where to place me-seven weeks of  going back and forth with HR about my qualifications, meetings with other departments to discuss why I thought I should be able to bump into one job and not another and even an hour with a lawyer to discuss my rights.
It was a vacation to limbo-land, and trust me, limbo-land doesn't include drinks with umbrellas or pool side service.
In the meantime, I was also applying for new work and scheduling interviews. It was encouraging to know that other offices liked what they saw on my resume and were willing to give me a chance to be part of their staff, even if my old place of work didn't see the value in what I did, it was clear to see that others do.
I was offered and accepted a new job a couple of weeks ago and last Friday gave my official resignation for my old spot. It was a relief, but also a real energy drain too. Saying goodbye is never easy, even when it is the best thing to do.

Wish me luck on my new commute (an hour one way),
my new schedule (three tens and one eight, with Wed. off)
and my new job!
If I'm not around much in the next few weeks, you'll know why!

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous26.8.11

    I think it's all going to be really wonderful. Sometimes life has it's own way of putting us where we're supposed to be.

    Wishing you lots of luck. (Though I'm sure you won't need any of it.)

    :)

    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I've been dying to know what was up for you next. I'm so happy that you are staying in the area. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tiffany Findley26.8.11

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @AniSend you a little email with more info :)
    Thanks~

    ReplyDelete
  5. so much luck!!! you are going to do GREAT!! i'm so proud of you for making your own way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck, Vanessa! I'm sure that you will be excellent at your new job, and it must be nice to have the limbo lifted.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i am so glad this new opportunity has come up! i know the last few weeks have been difficult, and you deserve something new! congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats Vanessa! :)

    ReplyDelete

say hi...