2.18.2014

Tacoma Bound

Big news, big changes. Andy was offered a job in Tacoma, Washington. That's two states away. We thought about it, mulled it over. Pros and cons, and all of the above. We have actually been thinking about some sort of a move for a long time. And decided it was one of those, "if not now then when", moments and he accepted the offer.

20140109-20140109-IMG_3318

Packing the house, selling off things that we don't want to lug two states away and gifting other things. I have packed a bag of clothes for the kids and threw the rest of their things into boxes with labels. I have done the same for my things. I have filled up several garbage bags with random what is this? stuff that have amassed in the past year and a half. Pack and purge, pack and purge.

night fishing

We will be renting an apartment for about six months until we can get our heads wrapped around the neighborhoods of Tacoma. Eventually, we will purchase a house if everything seems to be settling in the way we want it to.

20140111-20140111-IMG_3330

The idea of having a big going away part was tempting, but honestly, we knew we wouldn't get to see and talk to everyone in a way we wanted so we are each doing our best to meet up with friends and family before we are north bound.

20140112-20140112-IMG_3342

It's scary and exciting, but mostly exciting. I can't wait to show you a new city, a new state for that matter through my lens. Here's to adventures!!

20140111-20140111-IMG_3324
20140111-20140111-IMG_3331

12 comments:

  1. So exciting for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Staci! I hope you guys can make a stop to visit on your big road trip.

      Delete
  2. I am simultaneously so, so excited for you and so terribly sad for us! I can't wait to follow along with your new adventure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's bittersweet, isn't it? I have been teary-eyed all day. Starting to get real.. W need to meet up (and maybe Gemma and Fayth too?) before I head out!

      Delete
  3. Can't wait to see what you do up there. Take Tacoma by storm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So excited for this new chapter in your life. I know it's going to be an amazing adventure for you - even if it leaves all of us here in Reno with a sad, lonely, Vanessa sized hole in our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have family in Washington so it's more likely I will meet you there. Hope you guys love where you land!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i will be there march 21-22, and i have a good friend that lives there. i know you'll be crazy busy but at a minimum i could introduce you to someone there!

    ReplyDelete

say hi...