12.10.2007

weekend review

This weekend was a hive of kitchen activity.
Saturday I spent most of the day in the kitchen making cookies (gingersnaps and chocolate chips) some of which will be sent on to my grandma this week, others for us to enjoy around the house. This was my first attempt at gingersnaps- I grated in fresh ginger and ooh, ooh- they are good!
ginger snaps

On Saturday we went up to Truckee to help make tamales with family. 75lbs of masa later and we had tamales of all kinds coming out our ears. There were pork, turkey, potato and black bean and cheese. Red sauce and green sauce. A ton of people, family and friends, were in the kitchen and it was so good to be around all that energy. For me this is what the holidays are all about.
ready to steam
For more pictures of the action head over to the set.
The in-laws through me a birthday dinner and my sis-in-law made a Divine chocolate Kahlua cake that was heavenly.

I also got my order from Moo in on Saturday. I am really happy with the quality of the greeting cards that they make. I had so much fun poring over the mini moo cards as well. My mind is spinning with ideas on how to use them. I put up our silly tinsel trees and I actually got to go to a yoga class and be a student, can I tell you how sore I am?

Today is the last day of my 29th year... hello third decade, I see you just around the corner and I have a feeling you are going to be good.
alpine glow

3 comments:

  1. happy 'almost' birthday. your thirties aren't so bad as you think. he he. take it from me who has walked the earth now 4 years in her thirties. i still feel like i'm 5 80% of the time. he he. xo. well, i hope to meet you in 2008 as a thirty year old girl! Muah! natty

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy day fellow december bambina! you'll always be younger than me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello thirty! happy birthday to you :)
    the gingersnap look delish, nice job!

    ReplyDelete

say hi...